Recipe by Scarlett516
Posting for ZWT5: Australia/New Zealand. If you cannot buy ANZAC biscuits, I have a recipe posted on Zaar.
Top Review by KristinV
Hubby said this was too tart but I think he's just not a fan of passionfruit. I enjoy the depth of flavour, more 'special' than plain apple crumble! Instead of pre-packaged Anzac biscuits (couldn't find vegan version) I made up the basic Anzac mixture and put it on top of the crumble wet and cooked for an extra 5 minutes so it was like a cookie baking ON the crumble... Very good! Thanks for the recipe Scarlett! Made for the Australian leg of ZWT5.
- 4 gala apples, peeled
- pulp from 3 passion fruit
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 -4 anzac biscuits
- 1 tablespoon butter, for greasing
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Lightly grease a baking dish with butter.
- Core and cut the apples into eighths (1/2 inch wide wedges).
- Place the apple wedges flat in the baking dish and sprinkle evenly with sugar.
- Spoon passionfruit pulp evenly over apples.
- Cover the dish tightly with foil and bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until soft.
- Remove baking dish from oven and spoon mixture into 4 ramekins, evenly. Crumble the ANZAC biscuits over each ramekin and bake in oven for 7-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top each crumble with a scoop of ice cream and serve while hot.