Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Yummy quick easy and a bit different. serve with whipped cream or yoghurt and garnish with fresh orange.
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 185 g butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- flakey pastry dough
- In a microwave safe jug cook Zest, Juice, Butter and Sugar on 100%power in microwave 1-2 mins until butter has melted. Stirring once. Beat Eggs in a small bowl add a small amount of hot butter mix then pour into remaining hot mixture beating rapidly. Cook on medium power 2-3 mins until thick.
- Spray 8 or 9 inch pie tin and line with pastry.
- Peel Apples slice thinly and cover pastry with two layers (or more) top with orange butter mix. Line outside edge with more apple slices leaving middle open for pastry leaves if desired.
- Bake 30mins 200°C.
- Orange can be replaced with any citrus.