Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
great with pork, hot or cold. Inspired by one of Bergy's recipes.
Make and share this Apple and Onion to Serve With Pork recipe from Food.com.
- saute sliced onion in 1 tablespoon butter, over very low heat, for about 20 minutes.
- remove with slotted spoon.
- melt 1 tablespoon of butter and lightly saute the apple slices untill golden and slightly soft.
- turn up the heat and add the onions to the pan.
- sprinkle with sugar, add vinegar.
- stir to combine, put on lid, turn off heat.
- leave for about 10 mins before serving, or cooling.
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap # 49* Followed directions and used brown sugar and balsamic vinegar. A REALLY tasty accompaniment to our pork tenderloin -- just the right zip ! Thanks for posting, mumma !
I agree this is an excellent accompaniment to pork. I used brown sugar and apple cider vinegar. Served with Hoisin Glazed Pork By Debbwl. Made for Aussie Swap.
Ok -- I'm a FoodTV junkie and especially a Rachael Ray fan. So if you will pardon my obviously stolen words, all I can say about this recipe is, "OH MY GRAVY"!!! This was awesome. I used vidalia onions, fuji apples and I swapped out the white vinegar in favor of apple cider vinegar using 1 tablespoon instead of 2 (only because my family tends more to the sweet than tangy side. I sauteed it down til the onions and apples began to actually get that brown edge bottom of the pan crusty thing going. You know what I mean? Now here's the kicker -- how we ate them. You won't believe it. We topped turkey burgers with the onions and apples, melted swiss cheese and some crispy bacon strips. YUM-OOOOOO!!! Total total total keeper recipe. THANK YOU!!! Made for the Auzzie/NZ Recipe Swap #25.