1 hr 10 mins
This recipe is one prepared by Jeannie Rankin on Saturday Kitchen. I have not tried it yet myself but it looks and sounds delicious and I plan on trying it very soon
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 lbs onions, roughly chopped
- 500 ml cider (medium dry)
- 2 bramley apples, peeled and chopped (soak in a little cider to avoid discolouring)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1/2 bay leaf
- 2 liters chicken stock
- 225 g potatoes, peeled and diced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons crumbled Stilton cheese
- 1Add the butter and onions to a saucepan and allow the onions to cook gently on a medium heat for about 15 minutes, or until they are soft and lightly browned.
- 2Add the apple, cider and cider vinegar. Boil until the cider has reduced by about half. Add the thyme, bay leaf, chicken stock, potato and a little salt. Bring to a simmer, and then cook out for about 15 minutes over a low heat.
- 3Remove the bay leaf, and purée the soup in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- 4Check the seasoning, adding salt and pepper as necessary.
- 5To serve, ladle the hot soup into warm bowls. Crumble over a tablespoon of the stilton to each bowl.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple and Onion Soup With Crumbled Stilton
Serving Size: 1 (622 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.4
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 26.6 mg
- Sodium 636.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 17.7 g
- Protein 12.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: