Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Seasoned pot roast, with the juices pan fryed for gravy.
Make and share this Apple and Onion Beef Pot Roast recipe from Food.com.
- Brown roast on all sides in oil, in skillet, and transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add 1 cup of water to skillet to loosen browned bits, and pour over roast.
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt, soy and worcestershire sauces, and garlic powder.
- Top with apple and onion.
- Cover, and cook on low 5-6 hours.
- Remove roast, and onion, discard apple, and let stand 15 minutes.
- To make the gravy, pour juices from roast into a saucepan and simmer until reduced to 2 cups.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth in a small bowl, and stir in beef broth.
- Bring to a boil, continue cooking for 2 minutes until thickened.
- Slice roast, and serve with gravy.
SO tender and flavorful... this is definitely a winning recipe. Instead of cutting a 3lb roast in half, I bought one 1.5lb roast and left it intact (I only needed 4 servings anyway). I loved the gravy most of all, which had a very light apple flavor. I served this with your buttermilk & blue cheese mashed potatoes (I added pureed kale to them this time), and topped everything with the gravy... very yummy. [Made & Reviewed for PRMR]