1/1 Photo of Apple and Onion Beef Pot Roast
5 hrs 20 mins
weekend cooker's Note:
Seasoned pot roast, with the juices pan fryed for gravy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown roast on all sides in oil, in skillet, and transfer to a slow cooker.
- 2Add 1 cup of water to skillet to loosen browned bits, and pour over roast.
- 3Sprinkle with seasoned salt, soy and worcestershire sauces, and garlic powder.
- 4Top with apple and onion.
- 5Cover, and cook on low 5-6 hours.
- 6Remove roast, and onion, discard apple, and let stand 15 minutes.
- 7To make the gravy, pour juices from roast into a saucepan and simmer until reduced to 2 cups.
- 8Combine cornstarch and water until smooth in a small bowl, and stir in beef broth.
- 9Bring to a boil, continue cooking for 2 minutes until thickened.
- 10Slice roast, and serve with gravy.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple and Onion Beef Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.6
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 112.2 mg
- Sodium 150.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 37.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: