- 1 (3 lb) boneless beef roast, cut in half
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large tart apple, quartered
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown roast on all sides in oil, in skillet, and transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add 1 cup of water to skillet to loosen browned bits, and pour over roast.
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt, soy and worcestershire sauces, and garlic powder.
- Top with apple and onion.
- Cover, and cook on low 5-6 hours.
- Remove roast, and onion, discard apple, and let stand 15 minutes.
- To make the gravy, pour juices from roast into a saucepan and simmer until reduced to 2 cups.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth in a small bowl, and stir in beef broth.
- Bring to a boil, continue cooking for 2 minutes until thickened.
- Slice roast, and serve with gravy.