Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recently, I began eating couscous and I like to try different recipes. I saw this one in the magazine of Ricardo. ETA : I made it on September 5, 2011. I omitted the peas. I used a Paula Red apple. It's so yummy. Great blend of flavors.
- 1 zucchini, finely diced
- 1 tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 cup sweet peas or 1 cup snow peas
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous
- 1 granny smith apple, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- In a saucepan, lightly soften the veggies (DO NOT ADD apples, mint and butter) in oil. Add stock and bring to boil. Add salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and add couscous. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Add apples, mint and butter. Adjust seasonning.
This really "hit the spot". DH could not stop eating it. I wasn't sure that the combination of veg and apple would work, but it did!! I felt that 4 cloves of garlic was going to be too much so i only used 3. But I should have stuck to the recipe and used all 4. Make sure to taste the couscous before serving to adjust the salt. I used home made broth (no salt) so the end result needed a fair amount of salt added to it to bring our the flavours. Over all a very good and easy easy dish to make. and well writen recipe that was simple to follow. Will certainly made again.
Very good recipe for something that I have done in a hurry!
Done as suggested but with the addition of some lemon juice.
Thanks a lot for posting this recipe
I followed this recipe exactly and the flavors were very nice. I am not a fan of Zucchini so maybe next time cucumber I'll try. This was the first time I've ever had couscous and it was pleasant. Made for 1-2-3 Hits Tag.