Recently, I began eating couscous and I like to try different recipes. I saw this one in the magazine of Ricardo. ETA : I made it on September 5, 2011. I omitted the peas. I used a Paula Red apple. It's so yummy. Great blend of flavors.
- 1 zucchini, finely diced
- 1 tomato, finely diced
- 1 cup sweet peas or 1 cup snow peas
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous
- 1 granny smith apple, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- In a saucepan, lightly soften the veggies (DO NOT ADD apples, mint and butter) in oil. Add stock and bring to boil. Add salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and add couscous. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Add apples, mint and butter. Adjust seasonning.