Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a salad I learned from a friend. It tastes best with raspberry vinaigrette for a dressing.
- 2 red apples, cored and diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained (save juice)
- 1 head of crisp romaine lettuce
- 8 -12 whole cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup diced colby cheese
- 1 cucumber, diced and peeled
- 1 tablespoon diced green onion (the onion will over power the salad if you use too many.)
- mandarin orange liquid
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry jam
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄8 cup salsa (optional)
- salt (to taste)
- sugar (to taste)
- Toss all the ingredients together with the dressing.
- Let chill for a while or serve it immediately.
- Mix dressing ingredients together toss with Salad.