Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A new twist on apple pie a la mode.
- 20 low-fat graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg white
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 cups thinly sliced peeled granny smith apples
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups reduced-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, softened
- 6 tablespoons caramel topping, divided
- 2 low-fat graham crackers, coarsely crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To prepare crust, place cracker in a food processor; process until fine crumbs form. Add 2 T sugar, 2 T melted butter, and egg white, pulse 8 times or until moist. Press crumb mixture into a 9 inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350°F for 8 minutes; cool on a wire rack. Freeze 30 minutes to overnight.
- To prepare filling, melt 1 T butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add apple; cook 10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Add water; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in 1 T brown sugar, 1/4 t cinnamon, and nutmeg; cook, uncovered, 3 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Remove from pan. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Place frozen yogurt in a chilled bowl. Stir in 1 t cinnamon and 3/4 cup apple mixture. Cover and chill for 30 minutes. Spread half of yogurt mixture into frozen crust (keep remaining yogurt in the freezer). Top the yogurt mixture with the remaining apple mixture. Drizzle with 1/4 c caramel topping. Cover and freeze 1 hour. Carefully spread reserved yogurt mixture over caramel. Top with graham cracker crumbs and pecans. Drizzle with 2 T caramel topping.
- Freeze overnight or until solid. Place pan in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.