Recipe by KateL
Entered for safe-keeping, a variation on classic Hanukkah latkes, from 12/01/13 Parade Magazine. This sounds very sweet, almost like dessert.
- 1 large apple, peeled and shredded (216 g)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- kosher salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Wrap peeled and shredded apple in a clean kitchen towel and twist over a bowl to wring out juice (drink juice or reserve for another use).
- In a bowl, toss apple with flour and sugar. Stir in egg, and season to taste with kosher salt.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- For each latke, drop 1/4 cup of mixture into skillet and fry until golden brown, 3-4 minutes per side.
- Keep warm in 200F oven until ready to serve.
- Top with honey.