Recipe by 2Bleu
A great simple side dish that's good any time of year. The liquid is cooked down to a flavorful glaze that tastes great on pork chops or ham. endless possibilities! The carrots should be partially steamed or 'cooked' so they are tender but still firm.
Top Review by lazyme
Great side dish. I halved the recipe for 2 of us, but wish I had made more. The liquid took a little longer for me to get to the glaze consistency but was quite yummy when it was finished. I would think that adding a little bit of fresh mint would be good with these too. Thanks 2Bleu for a nice and easy side dish.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 lbs baby carrots, partially steamed
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple juice or 1 1⁄2 cups apple cider
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrots to the skillet and simmer about 2-3 minutes.
- Add apple juice, honey, and dill. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer about 15 minutes or until carrots are tender and liquid is reduced to a glaze, stirring occasionally. Season to taste with salt and pepper.