1/1 Photo of Apple and Herb Brine for Turkey
A mixture of sweet and savory flavors makes this brine a good choice for preparing the holiday turkey. The Herbs De Provence really adds some depth to the brine. It enhances the taste of the bird without overpowering. Make sure that you rinse the turkey well after brining to remove excess salt.
My Private Note
pot ful ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all ingredients (except olive oil and butter) in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- 2Turn off heat and let the brine cool completely.
- 3Place a cleaned turkey (giblets removed) breast-side down into the brine. You can brine it right in the pot if it fits, or in a brining bag.
- 4Refridgerate turkey in brine for 16 - 24 hours.
- 5Remove turkey from brine and rinse really well to remove excess salt from surface of the bird. (All the good brine flavor will be inside the meat).
- 6Pat your turkey dry with paper towels and brush a mixture of olive oil and butter all over your bird.
- 7Roast your turkey according to your directions. (I roast mine in a roasting bag.).
Browse Our Top Whole Turkey Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Turkey Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple and Herb Brine for Turkey
Serving Size: 1 (2468 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2214.4
- Calories from Fat 918
- Total Fat 102.0 g
- Saturated Fat 36.9 g
- Cholesterol 122.1 mg
- Sodium 170270.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 335.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 302.3 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herbes de provence