Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a good combination. The tartness of the apples goes nicely with the cheese and ham, and the crunch of the walnuts make this a yummy sandwich.
- 8 slice of homemade bread or 8 slice a rustic country bread
- 8 slice provolone cheese or 8 slice American cheese
- 4 slice deli ham
- 236.59 ml chopped apple
- 78.07 ml mayonnaise
- 59.14 ml finely chopped walnuts
- soft butter
- Combine apples, mayonnaise, and walnuts.
- Place one slice of cheese on four slices of bread.
- Layer each with 1/3 cup of apple mixture; then a slice of ham and another of cheese.
- Put remaining bread on top.
- Butter the outside and cook in a large skillet over medium heat till both sides are golden brown and cheese is melted.