Recipe by CorkyCooks
Found the recipe in one of my mom's folders, although she NEVER cooked grits! I like it with fairly tart apples, but haven't tried it yet with Granny Smiths.
- 2⁄3 cup uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 2 2⁄3 cups water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded medium cheddar
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 2 cups diced peeled apples
- 2 slightly beaten eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook grits according to pkg directions,adding some pepper.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in margarine,onion, garlic, chilies and apples.
- Quickly stir in eggs.
- Pour mixture into shallow 2-quart casserole dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees 50 minutes, cool 10 minutes. Serve hot.