Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
Mmmmm! Compliments of Sav-On/Albertson's Grocery Store chain. I subbed apple for pear. No worries if you don't have lavender honey. Simply add one half teaspoon crushed dried culinary lavender to regular honey.
- 1 loaf baguette, cut into sixteen 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tart apple, cored, seeded, peeled if you wish, cut into very thin slices (or pear)
- 2 tablespoons lavender honey, warmed
- 4 ounces gorgonzola (or any bleu cheese of your choice)
- snipped fresh chives, for garnish
- Preheat oven to BROIL.
- Arrange the cut up bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. BROIL 4 inches from the heat source for approximately 1 1/2 to 2 minutes until lightly browned, turning once. Watch oven carefully!
- Divide and place the apple slices on the toasted baguette. Lightly drizzle with the honey. Top with the cheese and fresh chives.
- Serve immediately.
This was wonderful! A crowd pleaser. Made for fathers day. I used Lavender Honey for the honey. I did double the recipe dicing the apple and mixing in the cheese and honey. Toasted the Baguette on the grill and had everyone top the toast as a dip. Thanks!