Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
This is my latest creation in my attempt to make comfort foods like burgers more healthy. We love a good burger but I am on a low fat diet. So, every Friday for the past few weeks, rather than going out to have fatty fast food meal I have been trying to invent a different type of reduced fat burger. This was the invention from tonight and I think it made the transition from brain to plate fairly well. I had mine simply with a bit of fat free mayo and a slice of tomato and my partner had a bit of ketchup and some onions.
Top Review by cocatielgrey
I enjoyed this very much.The fresh ginger is a must (no powder) I didn't have the apple sauce but instead used apple butter.This added a new flavor and a new idea.Next time I'm adding 2tbl. of toasted pine nuts.I would try this very good recipe though to expeerience the wounderfull flavor and the little bite of fresh ginger.Oh,I did go to Wendays and get a baked potato,used my own fat free sour cream. Chef Jim :-)
- 1 lb extra lean ground pork
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 4 tablespoons chunky applesauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients and mix well with hands.
- Form into four equal sized patties.
- Either pan fry in a bit of oil or do as I do and brush them lightly with olive oil and do them on a Foreman grill type machine for about 8 minutes or so until fully cook through. Serve.