Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
This looks interesting.
- 2 teaspoons dried yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 25 g butter, softened
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sultana
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 30 g butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 medium green apple
- 1 medium red apple
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- whipping cream, whipped
- To make the base:- Combine yeast, sugar and water in a small bowl.
- Stand bowl covered with plastic wrap, in a small place for 10 minutes until the mixture is foamy.
- Sift flour into a large bowl and make a well in centre. Add yeast mixture, butter and egg; mix with a knife to a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface; knead for 5 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Place in a oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap; stand in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size. To Make Topping:- Peel, core the apples and cut into slices.
- Combine sultanas and brandy in a small bowl and set aside. Melt butter in pan, add ginger; stir to combine. Add water and maple syrup; cook over a low heat for 4 minutes until thickened slightly.
- Preheat oven to 210°C.
- Brush a 30cm round pizza tray with melted butter.
- Knead dough again for 1 minute, roll out to a 26cm round.
- Place onto prepared tray tuck edges under to form a rim.
- Drain sultanas, sprinkle over base. Arrange apple slice over the base, drizzle with syrup.
- Brush rim of base with a little melted butter.
- Bake for 25 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.