1/1 Photo of Apple and Flax Pancakes
So good, and good for you!!! Apples for breakfast! Yummy!!!!! II'm always trying to get more fiber in our diet. This recipe does this that with out the "yuk" factor! from HyVee.com **Update -- it seems that the quantity is incorrect, so I'm changing it from 24 to 16. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup coarsely ground flax seed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 2 eggs (separated, with whites beaten stiffly)
- 1 1/4 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup pared & shredded apple (shredded just prior to adding to batter)
- 1In a large bowl, combine flour, ground flax, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 2In a medium bowl, lightly beat together the egg yolks, milk and melted butter.
- 3Add liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- 4Shred the apple and add to the batter. Stir until just combined.
- 5Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- 6Preheat griddle or heavy fry pan to medium heat. Lightly grease pan or spray with nonstick vegetable spray.
- 7Using a 1/3-cup measure, pour batter onto pan.
- 8Cook pancakes until bubbles appear on the surface - about 1 minute.
- 9Turn pancakes over and brown on the other side.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple and Flax Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 423.2
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 134.7 mg
- Sodium 695.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 12.4 g