Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
haven't tried yet - but who doesn't love applies+figs+pork?? recipe from
- 1 lb pork loin (about 1 lb)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- marjoram (to taste)
- thyme (to taste)
- rosemary (to taste)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 apple, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 6 -8 figs, sliced in half
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Tie pork loin with twine to keep it together.
- Heat up oil in an oven-safe skillet/dish on a fairly high setting. Sear the outside of the roast until it is nicely browned. Remove from dish and let rest on a plate.
- Add the wine to deglaze the dish, then add apple, onion, and seasonings. Saute until translucent.
- Add the roast back into the dish and add in the fig halves.
- Bake in the oven for about an hour covered, or until your meat reaches a temp of 165°F.
- Take out of the oven and let it rest for a few minutes, then serve!
Didn't have any figs on hand, so I used approx. 1 cup dried cranberries. Made this for my wife and kids, but had to leave for work before I got to eat any. My wife actually called me to let me know how great it was.
This was delicious. I didn't have figs, but I put on top of the pork loin apricot preserves and cooked it in the crockpot and it turn out wonderful. chef #2205151