Prep 32 mins
Cook 35 mins
An interesting appetizer pizza a fried emailed me from allrecipes.com.
- 6 1⁄2 ounces pizza crust mix
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 4 apples, cored and chopped
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine contents of the pizza dough package and 1/2 cup hot water.
- Stir vigorously, about 25 strokes.
- Set the bowl in a warm place (about 85 degrees F, or 35 degrees C) for 5 minutes.
- Turn dough onto floured board, divide the dough into 8 small sections.
- Knead the dough and shape it into rounds.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil.
- Add the dough and fry until the dough is lightly browned, flipping once to brown on both sides.
- Once cooked place the circles on a cookie sheet.
- Lay the feta and thyme on top of the circles.
- Bake the pizzas until the feta bubbles, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- While the pizzas bake, in the previously used skillet, heat 1/2 tablespoon of butter or margarine and a few sprigs of thyme.
- Mix the apples into the skillet and cook until the apples are soft and golden.
- Lay the apples on top of the pizzas, and serve.