Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs apples, cored and diced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1⁄2 lb dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- lemon balm or of fresh mint or lemon geranium leaf, to garnish
- Cook the apples with the lemon juice, zest, and maple syrup until the fruit is soft. Add a little water if the mixture becomes dry. Let cool.
- In a blender, blend the dates and apples together until they are light and fluffy.
- Stir in the sesame seeds.
- Spoon the mousse into 4 dessert glasses and chill.
- Garnish with fresh lemon balm, mint, or lemon geranium leaves.
Make sure to blend it very well, to get all those chunks of fruit smoothed out. Undeniably luscious!