Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Mmmm! from Cooking for Diabetics.
Make and share this Apple and Date Balls recipe from Food.com.
- Halve and core the unpeeled fruit and place in a large, heavy saucepan.
- Caste iron is good.
- Add the dates, apple juice and ground cinnamon.
- Cook over very low heat, stirring occasionally for 4 to 6 hours, or until the mixture forms a dry paste.
- Scrape into a bowl and cool, then roll the mixture into bite size balls.
- Toast the nuts under the broiler until golden.
- Coat the balls in the nuts.
- Twist each ball into a candy wrapper or cellophane; plastic wrap can be used.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Variation: Use half ground cinnamon and half ground ginger instead of the 1 teaspoon cinnamon.