Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the McDougalls flour packet. I haven't made it, but want to. It sounds like a good easy party dish.
- 4 large apples (any variety)
- 100 g plain flour
- 50 g butter
- 50 g demerara sugar
- 25 g icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 200 ml ready-to-serve custard
- You will also need: 6 oven proof ramekin dishes and a baking tray.
- Preheat oven to 190C/375°F.
- Peel and core apples, slice thinly into rings.
- Place the slices in a bowl of water (with a little lemon juice added to prevent browning) until ready to use.
- To make the crumble, rub the butter into the flour using the tips of the fingers.
- Mix in the demerara sugar.
- In a seperate bowl, mix together the icing sugar and cinnamon.
- Place a slice of apple in each ramekin and sprinkle with a little of the icing sugar mixture adding each alternately.
- Fill the centre with the ready to serve custard.
- Spoon the crumble topping over the fruit, place the dishes on a baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the crumble is crunchy and golden brown.