Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this from another site, and doctored it to my liking. I wanted something that used fresh cranberries, and this does and it's a fantastic recipe.
- 8 cups plain seasoned stuffing mix (cubes or crumbs)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 apples, peeled cored and diced
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 cup cranberries, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb turkey giblets (optional)
- (if baking as a side dish bake at preheat oven to 325 degrees F, and bake for 30 min.).
- In a large skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in apples, cook 3 minutes longer.
- Combine sage, thyme, cranberries bread cubes/crumbs, salt, pepper, and optional giblets. Mix well.
- Pour broth over mixture to desired consistency, and mix well to make sure all is covered.
This stuffing was a nice change of pace from my usual stuffing. The sweet of the apple really complimented the tart of the cranberries. We like our stuffing with a stronger sage flavor than this recipe has, so next time I would add more fresh sage. Also, I baked this in a 9x13" dish for 1 hour. Thank you for sharing.