1/1 Photo of Apple and Cranberry Pie
1 hr 5 mins
This simple easy-to-make pie combines my two favorite fall fruits -- cranberries and apples, but don't expect your typical sweet apple pie -- this is more tart than you may expect, but delicious served warm with vanilla ice cream. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (July 1985)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450-degrees F.
- 2Roll out two 11-inch rounds and fit one round into 9-inch pie dish.
- 3Combine remaining ingredients (cranberries- nutmeg) in a bowl.
- 4Spoon filling into pie dish.
- 5Cover with second crust and seal and crimp edges. Make slits in top crust. (I always place pies on a baking sheet).
- 6Bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375-degrees F.
- 7Bake another 30-40 minutes or until crust is golden and fruit is bubbling.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple and Cranberry Pie
Serving Size: 1 (793 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 987.4
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 248.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 208.2 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
apples for pies