1/1 Photo of Apple and Cranberry Pie
1 hr 5 mins
This simple easy-to-make pie combines my two favorite fall fruits -- cranberries and apples, but don't expect your typical sweet apple pie -- this is more tart than you may expect, but delicious served warm with vanilla ice cream. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (July 1985)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450-degrees F.
- 2Roll out two 11-inch rounds and fit one round into 9-inch pie dish.
- 3Combine remaining ingredients (cranberries- nutmeg) in a bowl.
- 4Spoon filling into pie dish.
- 5Cover with second crust and seal and crimp edges. Make slits in top crust. (I always place pies on a baking sheet).
- 6Bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375-degrees F.
- 7Bake another 30-40 minutes or until crust is golden and fruit is bubbling.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple and Cranberry Pie
Serving Size: 1 (793 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 987.4
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 248.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 208.2 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
apples for pies