This simple easy-to-make pie combines my two favorite fall fruits -- cranberries and apples, but don't expect your typical sweet apple pie -- this is more tart than you may expect, but delicious served warm with vanilla ice cream. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (July 1985)
- Preheat oven to 450-degrees F.
- Roll out two 11-inch rounds and fit one round into 9-inch pie dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients (cranberries- nutmeg) in a bowl.
- Spoon filling into pie dish.
- Cover with second crust and seal and crimp edges. Make slits in top crust. (I always place pies on a baking sheet).
- Bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375-degrees F.
- Bake another 30-40 minutes or until crust is golden and fruit is bubbling.