Recipe by katew
This is a reasonably low fat version of a classic French pudding from a magazine called Super Food Ideas
Top Review by littlemafia
The egg texture mixed with the apples was a bit weird for me at first,but once I got used I liked it. That's becoz I never tried a dessert like this. And what's not to like:has proteins, low in carbs and sugar. And DDs enjoyed it too. Actually, they ate most of it,but I got to a slice too.I'll make this again coz it's fast,easy,delicious and nutritious.I used a round silicon pan.Thanks for sharing. Update:DD1 has a cold and no appetite and this is the only thing she'll eat. She asked for it and helped me make it. In the process ate a couple of apples without noticing. Last time I made it both DD were lined up for it.
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄4 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup skim milk
- 400 g pie apples
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, to dust
- 2 teaspoons icing sugar, to dust
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Grease 4 ovenproof ramekins.
- Combine sugar and flour in bowl.
- Whisk together eggs and milk.
- Combine egg mixture with flour mixture.
- Divide apple among ramekins.
- Spoon custard over.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Put ramekins on oven tray.
- Bake 25 minutes or until custard is set.
- Stand 5 minutes.
- dust with icing sugar and serve.