Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The ultimate comfort food! Apple pie and chocolate... what more can you ask for? Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream, for a sublime experience.
- Peel, core and quarter apples. Slice very thinly.
- Place 1 layer of apple slices on the bottom crust. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons (or to taste) of sugar. Repeat twice.
- Spread chocolate pellets over top.
- With remaining apples, make 3 more apple/sugar layers.
- Top with 2nd crust and seal edges. Make an incision on the top.
- Bake in preheated oven at 450F for 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Lower heat to 350F and continue baking for another 25-30 minutes, or until apples are tender.