Recipe by alanda915
I saw this recipe on Oprah one day but i switched around a few ingredients to make it more affordable. I like to use Granny Smith apples and I don't really use measurements, so dabble with your own! These burgers taste best when grilled ( I use my Foreman) but they taste just as good when pan frying. If your in a hurry for a meal, you can skip the 2 hours in the fridge. Thats just used to insure your burgers will stay together while cooking. This is one of the BEST turkey burgers I've ever had and I hope you enjoy it just as much as me! :)
Top Review by Kristi Waterworth
These were unbelievable! I'm thinking this is going to make a good meatloaf one day, too. ;) I wasn't sure what you meant by "chipotle hot sauce" so I used the adobo sauce in my can of chipotles. They were great, not too hot, and certainly not bland. We did them on the gas grill. Yum!
- 1 cup onion, small pieces
- 1 cup celery, small pieces
- 1 large apple, small pieces
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons chipotle hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- cooking oil or cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil or pan with cooking spray. Sauté your finely chopped onion, celery, and apple with the added dash of salt and pepper. When the mixture becomes soft, take off the burner and let cool.
- Once cooled take your ground turkey and mix the chipotle hot sauce, lemon juice, parsley and sauté ed mixture.
- Make into burger patties and set in the fridge for atleast 2 hours before cooking.
- When grilling cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Let them cool down and enjoy!