1/4 Photos of Apple and Cheese Scones
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe comes from the 2008 cookbook, Fruit!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2In a bowl, whisk together flour, salt & baking powder, then rub in the butter, before stirring in the cheese.
- 3Peel & core the apples, then grate them coarsely, before stirring them into the flour mixture, along with the mustard, half of the beaten egg & enough apple juice to bind the mixture together into a soft dough.
- 4On a lightly floured surface, gently roll out (or press) the dough into a round about 3/4-inch thick, then using a 3-and-1/2-inch plain round cutter, stamp out 6 rounds, re-rolling the trimmings as necessary.
- 5Transfer these rounds to a baking sheet, then brush the tops with the remaining beaten egg & bake for 15-18 minutes, or until risen & golden.
- 6Place on a wire rack to cool, before serving warm, split in half & buttered.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple and Cheese Scones
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.2
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 71.2 mg
- Sodium 807.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coarse grain mustard