Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
This one of my husbands favorite pies. My mom use to make this pie for him.
Make and share this Apple and Cheese Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1419.54 ml sliced apples
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 59.14 ml cornstarch
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie, enough pie dough,your favorite,for a top and bottom crust
- 354.88 ml shredded cheddar cheese (mild or sharp)
- 14.79 ml butter
- milk (for brushing on dough)
- sugar (for brushing on dough)
- Combine apples with the other 4 ingredients and set aside.
- Line a 9-inch pie pan with half the dough.
- Sprinkle cheese in the bottom of the pan over dough.
- Place filling over top of cheese, chip the butter over top of filling.
- Cover with top dough.
- Close and crimp edges.
- Brush with a little milk and sugar, cut a few vents.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 1 hour (No less than 40 minutes).
- Check with a knife in the middle to see if apples are cooked.
All this time I have been thinking apple pies were hard to make. This recipe was so easy and delicious! I've never had cheese in my apple pie before and I'll never have apple pie without it again.
I'm on my way to buy apples! I just know my family is going to love this pie. Thanks for sharing.
Probably the best tasting apple pie I've had...the gooey cheese in the pie was a great addition. Thanks