This one of my husbands favorite pies. My mom use to make this pie for him.
Make and share this Apple and Cheese Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 6 cups sliced apples
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie, enough pie dough,your favorite,for a top and bottom crust
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (mild or sharp)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- milk (for brushing on dough)
- sugar (for brushing on dough)
- Combine apples with the other 4 ingredients and set aside.
- Line a 9-inch pie pan with half the dough.
- Sprinkle cheese in the bottom of the pan over dough.
- Place filling over top of cheese, chip the butter over top of filling.
- Cover with top dough.
- Close and crimp edges.
- Brush with a little milk and sugar, cut a few vents.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 1 hour (No less than 40 minutes).
- Check with a knife in the middle to see if apples are cooked.