Top Review by ElizabethKnicely
We really liked these muffins. I don't really think they tasted like corn bread though. They were sweet and reminded me of a cupcake. I served them alongside chili, but we all ended up eating them like dessert. I will definitely be making these again. Made for 2013 Zaar Cookbook Tag.
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 ounces yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 lb apple, cored, pared & diced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 1⁄4 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- In large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, and baking powder.
- Add apples, corn, cheese, sugar, cinnamon, nutmg, stir to combine. In small bowl, beat eggs and oil; stir into flour mixture (don't over beat...the mixture will be stiff). Fill baking cups and bake for 15 minutes.