Prep 15 mins
Cook 23 mins
A flavorful muffin recipe posted in response to a recipe request from the Robin Hood Flour company.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk or 1 cup sour milk
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 medium tart apple, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Grease muffin pans.
- COMBINE flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cheeses in large mixing bowl.
- BEAT egg, buttermilk, oil and apple together thoroughly.
- ADD liquid ingredients all at once to dry ingredients.
- Stir just until moistened.
- FILL greased muffin cups 3/4 full.
- SPRINKLE tops with 1/4 cup cheddar cheese if desired.
- BAKE at 400°F for 18-23 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched.
These were pretty good, though I would probably double the apple next time for a moister muffin. Great flavour combination!
These were fabulous! Just the right amount of ingredients. Will save these in my file. Thanks for posting this recipe.
Absolutely delicioussss! Loved these savory, slightly sweet muffins. I used the sharp cheddar cheese with the parmesan and topped them with a milder cheddar cheese. I will keep this recipe for sure in my favorites! Thanks alot for sharing.