Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Huh? Apples? Cheddar? A lasagna? All this for dessert? Trust me -it's fantastic!
- 9 cups sliced apples
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 lasagna noodles
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 12 ounces butter, cold
- Cook lasagna noodles and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine apples and sugar in saucepan. Cook until sugar melts and apples get juicy.
- Add spices and cornstarch, cook until slightly thickened, and remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. With a fork, roughly mix in butter and set aside.
- Place 1 noodle in the bottom of a 4-quart baking dish. Top with 1/3 of apples, then 1/3 of the cheese and repeat process two more times and top with fourth pasta sheet.
- Spoon with butter topping and bake.
- Fabulous served hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
This was very good. I used tart harrelson apples. The amount of topping seemed to be WAY to much, and I only used about half. I don't know what kind of single lasagna noodle would fit an entire 4 qt baking dish...I used strip lasagna.