Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use a good flavored apple for this old favorite such as Fuji, Gala, Granny Smith, Jonathan, Cortland, Empire or Winesap. From the Mississippi Valley chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Chilling time not included in preparation time.
- 236.59 ml diced celery
- 236.59 ml diced apple
- 118.29 ml walnuts or 118.29 ml pecans, broken
- 177.44 ml mayonnaise (or Boiled Salad Dressing)
- lettuce leaves or mixed salad green
- Combine all ingredients and chill.
- Serve on lettuce leaves or mixed salad greens.
I liked this a lot, and it was very quick to make. I used only 1/3 cup of mayo, and I used the reduced-fat type. I think it was enough dressing, and it reduced the fat content of this salad quite a bit. Thanks for sharing!
One of my very favorites. My Mom Mom used to make this for me when I was little. I bet I make it once a month or so. I only use a speck of mayonnaise as the fruit makes some of it's own juice.
This was so easy to make and it tasted so good with lettuce. I loved it!