This refreshing Weight Watchers recipe will hit the spot at any picnic! It counts as 2 points in the PointsPlus program. Enjoy!
- 1 large apple, red, cored, thinly sliced and then cut into matchsticks
- 1 large apple, green, cored, thinly sliced and then cut into matchsticks
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, or less to taste
- 3 cups carrots, cut into matchsticks (many stores sell these precut)
- 1⁄4 cup chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (or more)
- 2 ounces feta cheese, French-variety suggested, crumbled
- Place apples in a large bowl and toss with lemon juice.
- Add carrots, chives, oil, sugar, salt, pepper and cheese; toss to mix thoroughly.
This is such a tasty salad! I love the flavor of the light dressing, which complements the apples and carrots perfectly. So yummy! I halved the recipe, using only one red apple, and omitted the feta. Other than that, the recipe was made as written. Thank you for the healthy and delicious recipe!