Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A very sweet, moist muffin. It tastes a lot like carrot cake. You could even frost this with cream cheese frosting for more of a dessert muffin.
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 cup apple, pealed and grated
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (or less)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 -4 tablespoons milk (if batter is too thick)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°. Grease bottom and 1/4 up of muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl mix all the dry ingredients. Add the nuts, set aside.
- In a small bowl; mix the egg, oil and vanilla.
- Add egg mixture to the dry ingredients, along with the apple and carrot.
- Stir just until blended. If too thick, add a little milk.
- Bake on center rack for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove to cooling rack.
These are very nice muffins. I couldn't buy muffins this good from a cafÃ©, so I will be making these again AND adding a pic if and when my camera battery turns up ;-)
Ooh these are yummy!! I left out the nuts b/c I don't care for nuts in my muffins. I did add some milk. I made 12 muffins but a few were small. Maybe add another grated carrot? Wonderfully moist & delicious. OH! I rebelled against the white flour & used rye flour that was staring me in the face. It worked wonderfully! I also used Splenda for baking. YUM! Thank you! Made for PAC Fall '07.