Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I like making up recipes for my pooches, and they seem to love everything I make! I try to put in what I think is healthy, and tasty too, but then again, dogs will eat anything!
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened applesauce
- 1 apple, grated (skin on)
- 2 large carrots, grated (unpeeled)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup rye flakes
- 1⁄2 cup 7 grain cereal
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 2 cups bran flakes
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- Using a mixer with a dough hook, put all ingredients into the bowl EXCEPT the flour.
- Mix well.
- Add flour 1/2 cup at a time mixing well in between.
- Nearing the end, add by the spoonful until dough is in one big ball and easy to handle.
- Place bottom oven rack ABOVE middle oven rack.
- Preheat oven to 300 f.
- Roll dough into little balls and place on cookie sheets, flatten slightly with a finger.
- They can be close together as they do not spread out.
- Place in oven and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven, turn biscuits over, and return to oven with cookie sheets on opposite racks.
- Bake for 30 minutes more.
- Reduce heat to 225 f.
- and bake for 1-1 1/2 hours more.
- keep testing-take one out, let cool, break apart and it should be hard like a milk bone.
- when done, remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheets.
- Store in air tight containers.
Hi again Scruffers...well since my little poodle enjoyed your peanut butter/graham cookies so much, I just had to make him your apple and carrot cookie, as he just loves carrots, and he was sure a very happy little doggie AGAIN! he just loved these...again as with your other recipe, I added some brown sugar, and baked them till crispy. He is such a fussy little dog, I am just amazed at how he loves your doggie cookies. Just keep on posting those doggie treat recipes, and i will be sure to make them. Thanks again, and my little guy (Brandy) thanks you ..RUFF RUFF>>>YUM YUM :-)