3 hrs 30 mins
I like making up recipes for my pooches, and they seem to love everything I make! I try to put in what I think is healthy, and tasty too, but then again, dogs will eat anything!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a mixer with a dough hook, put all ingredients into the bowl EXCEPT the flour.
- 2Mix well.
- 3Add flour 1/2 cup at a time mixing well in between.
- 4Nearing the end, add by the spoonful until dough is in one big ball and easy to handle.
- 5Place bottom oven rack ABOVE middle oven rack.
- 6Preheat oven to 300 f.
- 7Roll dough into little balls and place on cookie sheets, flatten slightly with a finger.
- 8They can be close together as they do not spread out.
- 9Place in oven and bake for 1 hour.
- 10Remove from oven, turn biscuits over, and return to oven with cookie sheets on opposite racks.
- 11Bake for 30 minutes more.
- 12Reduce heat to 225 f.
- 13and bake for 1-1 1/2 hours more.
- 14keep testing-take one out, let cool, break apart and it should be hard like a milk bone.
- 15when done, remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheets.
- 16Store in air tight containers.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple and Carrot Dog Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (1472 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 40.6
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.2 mg
- Sodium 10.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: