Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 medium head red cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups apples, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Drop chopped cabbage in boiling water and cook 3-5 minutes until slightly tender but still crunchy. Drain well.
- Layer cabbage and apples in a casserole dish, sprinkling sugar, cinnamon and bread crumbs on each layer.
- Pat top layer flat before adding last crumbs.
- Pour melted butter over top of casserole. Bake at 350° For 45 minutes, or until hot throughout.
- I served mine over rice. It was sweet, tangy and delicious.