Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love this salad with grilled hamburgers. It is very easy to make too.
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (broken)
- 1 cup tart apple (chopped)
- 1 cup cabbage (shredded)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Miracle Whip (light, free, or regular, or mayonnaise)
- Combine the walnuts, apples, cabbage and salt.
- Add JUST ENOUGH Miracle Whip to coat everything (NO MORE).
- Refrigerate till ready to serve.
- Serve cold.
I really liked the recipe. I added raisins to it. The original recipe reminded me of something my mother made when I was younger, but she put raisins in it, and ommited the walnuts. But I left the walnuts in, and it was great.
Darlene, this is a great side dish! I am always looking for ideas to get my husband to eat salad, and he really liked this. I added raisins and sunflower seeds, but the basic recipe is great by itself. Thanks, Carole in Orlando
I added some grapes cut in half to the salad and about !/2 tsp. sugar to the mayo. to bring out the flavor. I made it 1 day ahead and served it at my son's wedding last week. It was excellent and there were no leftovers.