Recipe by DDW
Crisp fresh and so delicate with the Butter Lettuce. Quick and easy to put together. One of my family's favorites. Easily made into a meal with some roasted chicken or other meat added to it. From January '12 Bon Appetit magazine.
Top Review by Mommaredkat
This was the second time I made this salad. I thought it was too good to be true that a salad could garner so many compliments at its first dinner party. But making it the second time for a completely different set of dinner guests and receiving the same high praises, convinced me this was definitely going to be a favorite recipe. My pantry was barren of pomegranate seeds, blue cheese and tarragon, so I used cranberries instead of pomegranate seeds, feta cheese instead of blue cheese and omitted the tarragon.
- 29.58 ml cider vinegar
- 14.79 ml honey
- 14.79 ml shallot, finely chopped
- 7.39 ml Dijon mustard
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (Kosher)
- 2 head butter lettuce, leaves gently torn
- 354.88 ml glazed walnuts, I use pecans but any other nut would be good
- 1 apple, quartered cored and thinly sliced (Honeycrisp or Fuji)
- 236.59 ml pomegranate seeds
- 118.29 ml blue cheese, crumbled (Stilton or Maytag)
- 59.14 ml tarragon leaf (I don't use)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wisk vinegar, honey, shallot, and mustard in medium bowl.
- Gradually wisk in oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place torn lettuce in a large bowl.
- Add vinaigrette, nuts, and apple.
- Toss to coat.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds, tarragon (if using) and cheese.