Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This strudel is absolutely delicious, and dead easy to make.
- 3 granny smith apples
- 1⁄4 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon custard powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground mixed spice
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 6 phyllo pastry sheets
- 1 tablespoon milk
- icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat oven to 180°C Grate apples.
- Add chopped apricots, custard powder, cinnamon and mixed spice. Stir to combine. Add blueberries. Stir again.
- Lay filo pastry in a baking dish. Fold in half. Spread filling mix down one side. Carefully fold the strudel. Lightly brush the top of pastry with milk. Bake for 15-15 minutes, or until golden brown. If pastry begins to brown too fast, lower the heat a little.
- Remove from oven and dust with icing sugar. Serve with yoghurt or reduced-fat ice cream.