1/2 Photos of Apple and Blue Cheese Salad
Galley Wench's Note:
This is our favorite salad . . . sometimes we just make a meal out of it! Note: I've found that the romaine is best (very crisp) if it's soaked in ice water for approximately 30 minutes, then spin dry. I use my Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing however a good quality bottled blue cheese dressing can be substituted
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 granny smith apple, diced (or similar)
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup craisins (dried cranberries)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sour cream or 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 -4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled into small pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 dash louisiana hot sauce (to taste) or 1 dash ground cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 2(See Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing).
- 3In a small mixing bowl, beat together the oil and mayonnaise until completely blended.
- 4Add the lime juice and beat some more.
- 5Add vinegar and beat again.
- 6Stir in sour cream, blue cheese, salt and hot sauce.
- 7Serve over your favorite salad.
- 8Will keep in the refrigerator for several weeks.
- 10In a large salad bowl mix together the lettuce, apples, onions and craisins.
- 11Toss with salad dressing.
- 12Serve on chilled plates, topped with almonds and blue cheese crumbles.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple and Blue Cheese Salad
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 788.7
- Calories from Fat 541
- Total Fat 60.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 66.8 mg
- Sodium 1413.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 24.4 g
- Protein 23.6 g