Prep 3 hrs
Cook 1 min
No ice cream maker is needed to make this flavorful sorbet.
- 2 lbs apples, stemmed, unpeeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (such as McIntosh)
- 1 (1 lb) bag frozen unsweetened blackberries, un-thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- Combine apples, blackberries and water in heavy large pot or Dutch oven.
- Bring to boil over medium-high heat.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium and simmer until fruit is tender, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer to sieve set over large bowl. Press to force through as much fruit and liquid as possible.
- Discard solids in sieve.
- Return puree to same pot.
- Add sugar and corn syrup.
- Stir over low heat just until sugar dissolves. Spoon puree into 13x9x2-inch glass dish. Freeze until almost solid, about 1 hour.
- Break up frozen puree into chunks.
- Place in processor; puree.
- Return to same dish; cover and freeze until firm enough to hold shape in spoon, at least 1 hour.