2 hrs 45 mins
Another good hearty stew.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless chuck roast, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes (or you can use boneless stew meat)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 whole allspice
- 2 whole cloves
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium apples, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1In a large Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat.
- 2Add in beef cubes; cook, stirring often, until browned.
- 3Add onions; cook, stirring often, until lightly browned.
- 4Sprinkle with flour and salt.
- 5Gradually add water and apple juice.
- 6Bring to a boil; cook and stir often for 2 minutes.
- 7Put bay leaf, allspice, and cloves in a double thickness of cheesecloth; tie up corners, using string, to form a bag; add to Dutch oven.
- 8Lower heat; cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until meat is almost tender.
- 9ADd carrots and apples; cover and simmer 15-20 minutes longer or until meat, carrots, and potatoes are tender.
- 10Take out spice bag and throw away.
- 11Thicken if desired with cornstarch.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple and Beef Stew
Serving Size: 1 (540 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 717.9
- Calories from Fat 453
- Total Fat 50.4 g
- Saturated Fat 21.6 g
- Cholesterol 171.7 mg
- Sodium 200.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 43.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: