Recipe by Tish
This is a healthy alternative to the store bought muffins I used to get!
Top Review by Creation in Hope
I made this for the 2006 Summer Pick A Chef Contest. I made these twice. I think I truly am doing something wrong with this recipe!! I can not get them to come out like 'regular' muffins. They are extremely gooey on the inside and yet I can't cook them any longer or they will burn. I think that it may lay somewhere in the temperature of the oven. I would encourage you to try these yourself and maybe turn your oven down to 300 degrees since 350 degrees turned out the same gooey muffins. I did notice that there are just so few dry ingredients compared to the wet ingredients. Please do Zmail me if anyone can figure out what I am doing wrong. I would like to make them and have them turn out right so that I can change this review from a 3 star!!
- 2 cups oat bran
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup sugar substitute
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons light syrup
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 apples
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1⁄4 cup roasted pecan
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oat bran, baking powder, and sugar substitute.
- Mix egg whites, oil and syrup; beat until foamy.
- Add milk in food processor chopping apples, bananas and nuts.
- Mix with the rest of the ingredients in food processor until smooth.
- Pour into muffin tin that has been coated with vegetable spray.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes.