Recipe by dimensionally transcendental
A desparate need for stuffing in stuffing-free Holland led me to create this for roast chicken. I serve them as balls but I am sure they could be baked as a 'cake' or used to stuff the chicken in your usual way. They would be lush with pig dishes. I plan on trying the mix as a crust for pork chops...
- 125 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 100 g lardons
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 large apple
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Beat the egg.
- Dice the apple into small pieces.
- Crush the garlic in a pan.
- Cook the bacon bits with the garlic - there is no need to use oil because lardons release a lot of fat.
- Remove the lardons from the pan and swab with a kitchen towel to remove the excess fat.
- Remove the fat from the pan (hint: use a kitchen towel) and in the same pan melt the butter.
- Soften the apple in the butter.
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Form the stuffing into golf-ball size balls and bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until brown and crispy.