Recipe by evelyn/athens
This is so easy to make and so good to eat - it would be a shame not to!
Top Review by Elly in Canada
Hubby, daughter and I polished off this dessert for dinner!! It had a great flavour, the apricots, apples, brandy, butter, brown sugar yummy! I used peach Schnapps to replace the brandy, it was great!! I will make this again, next time I will sprinkle a little white sugar over the apples so it will be a little more juicy, that was the only comment from DD and DH. I served it with whipping cream, it would be nice with ice cream too. It did take about 30 minutes for my apples to soften. A great little recipe Evelyn.
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped dried apricot
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, cut into bits
- 1⁄3 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 apples, peeled, quartered, and sliced thin crosswise
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, soak the apricots in brandy for 5 minutes.
- Blend flour, brown sugar, salt and butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add oats and almonds and toss.
- In a 9 inch glass pie dish, toss together apples, apricots and brandy.
- Sprinkle oat mixture evenly over top and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until apples are tender and topping is browned.