This is from one of my mom's recipe books. It's a bit of work but worth it for special nights.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons margarine
- 1/2 cup apple, chopped and peeled
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1In skillet, melt margarine, saute apple, margarine, almonds, and cinnamon until apple is tender, around 5 minutes.
- 2Flatten chicken breasts. Top with apple mixture, roll and secure with toothpicks.
- 3Dip into egg white mixture, then into bread crumbs.
- 4In a skillet, heat oil, saute breasts until browned on all sides. Place in a baking dish.
- 6In small saucepan, melt margarine. Add flour, cook with stirring for 1 minute.
- 7Add apple juice, stock, cinnamon, brown sugar. Cook, stirring, until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- 8Pour over chicken, cover, and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple and Almond Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 417.9
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 93.2 mg
- Sodium 277.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 33.9 g