Recipe by Spencer #2
I found this at a recipe kiosk at my local Spartan store. I modified it to taste. Enjoy!
- 14.79 ml butter
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 3 large onions, finely chopped
- 4.92 ml red pepper powder, to taste
- 2 acorn squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 453.59 g sweet apple, peeled and cut into chunks
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 236.59 ml half-and-half
- 2.46 ml pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and butter in large saucepan. Add onions and red pepper to taste. Cook and stir until onions are tender, about 10 minutes. Add squash, apples, chicken broth and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook on low hear until apples and squash are very soft, about 30 minutes. Puree with food processor then return to saucepan. Add cream or half and half, stir, reheat and serve.
- Garnish with chives, green onions, sour cream, toasted pecans, etc.