Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this at a recipe kiosk at my local Spartan store. I modified it to taste. Enjoy!
Make and share this Apple and Acorn Squash Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper powder, to taste
- 2 acorn squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 lb sweet apple, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oil and butter in large saucepan. Add onions and red pepper to taste. Cook and stir until onions are tender, about 10 minutes. Add squash, apples, chicken broth and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook on low hear until apples and squash are very soft, about 30 minutes. Puree with food processor then return to saucepan. Add cream or half and half, stir, reheat and serve.
- Garnish with chives, green onions, sour cream, toasted pecans, etc.